Pages

Dec 31, 2011

facts of life: saw it with my own eyes

I was so exhausted after two and half months on the road that I wasn't even sure I could find the strength to celebrate. But seeing these people, who had come such a long way, had faced so many hardships and had experienced so many things, was something I was proud to witness.

This afternoon I saw a partial result of the project I've been working on for many months. We'll all need some rest to look at it from a safe distance, but it was an amazing thing, what happened here. Those smiles I saw were of happiness and pride. These people, and all the others that weren't here now, but were part of the group, had accomplished the impossible. They are examples of strength and determination.

That was a rare thing to see, and I'm glad I was there to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment