Pages

Aug 3, 2011

facts of life: home is anywhere

I like visiting Bratislava as often as I can - which is not as often as I'd like. Not so much for the city itself, beautiful as it may be, but because I have some old friends here.

When I did my Campus Europae mobility in Riga, I met lots of great people who marked my life. I still keep in touch with quite a few of them, but the truth is, it's hard to travel when you live in the far west coast of Europe.

I owe many friends a visit. Even more friends owe me a visit. That's normal when you live abroad for a while. One of the best feelings I'll enjoy for as long as I live is looking at a map of Europe (even of the World) and seeing familiar faces instead of country names and political borders.

For me, home is where my friends are. Thanks to Danka, Anna and Guijom, I can call Bratislava my home. After this trip is over, I will add some more places to my "home" list.

2 comments:

  1. And you owe me a visit , too! Zayo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally agree to what you wrote about the maps of the world... I feel just the same about that.

    ReplyDelete